Samoa has two main island Upolu and Savaii. Here are my recommendations for both islands!
- To-Sua open trench
- Puila cave pool
- Lolomanu beach
- Papaseea sliding rock
- A must see is the Samoan village
- Alofagaa blow hole
Accommodation in Samoa
Some of the best options are hotels, Airbnb, home stay, courchsurfing, and Beach Fale. I would recommend at least 1 night at a beach fale, it’s an experience you will never forget. Additionally, the nite life and clubs are located in Apia and it closes at midnight. Luckily, if you're in the mood for a bit more late night fun hotels also have nightly entertainment. Oh, BTW! You have to see the fire dance and cultural show at Tanoa hotel.
Food to try
- Luau or Palusami – Coconut Milk Baked in Taro Leaves
- Faiai Eleni – Fish in Coconut Cream
- Fa’apapa – Sweet Coconut Bread
- Fa’ausi – Bread Coated with Coconut Sauce
- Kopai – Sweet Dessert Dumplings from Samoa
- Pani Popo – Homemade Bread Rolls with coconut cream
- Panikeke – Sweet Banana Fritters
- Sapasui – Samoan Chop Suey
- Food from the umu - food baked in the earth oven
This is truly one those memorable trips of a lifetime and Samoa will always be special because that’s where I met my husband ❤️.